Working with a sales advisory firm can give you a serious competitive advantage. When you have experienced sales professionals developing a comprehensive sales plan, you will find the right markets and deliver the right message through the right media.
FIVE STEPS FOR SALES PLAN EXECUTION
Here are five tried-and-true steps for executing your sales plan.
- Develop and implement a strategy and tactical plan. Your first move, of course, is to have specific steps laid out for reaching your market, selling more to current customers and getting new business. An experienced team won’t forget to define your target market(s), identify outreach strategies, set milestones and measurable goals, and establish the right accountability structures.
- Build a sales pipeline. A sales pipeline will help you quantify the demand for your product or service. It smooths the road to higher conversion rates and satisfied repeat customers. It also serves as your scorecard and, as long as you keep driving deals through that pipeline, you’ll win!
- Integrate sales and marketing programs. Making prospects aware of what you offer, then turning them into paying customers involves both sales and marketing strategies. An experienced sales team will ensure the two are working in concert.
- Measure and adjust your strategy. All sales plans and programs must be measured and adjusted as necessary. Change for the sake of change never works, but needed change can create a new level of productivity and success. Be sure to evaluate your progress at regular intervals.
- Deliver results! This final step means what it says. Your sales consulting partner will take you to new levels, reducing your cost-of-sales greatly while boosting your revenue.
It only makes sense. When your company is struggling with a problem, what do you do? You call in an expert, a consultant, a specialist. So contact us and we will help you solve your sales problem.
Editor's Note: This post was originally published in July 2011 and has been updated for accuracy and relevancy.