Lead generation used to be a matter of finding your audience. Today, your audience is actively searching for you -- online. The question is, how easily can you be found?
Even if your sales force understands the basics of search engine optimization (SEO) and has established an online presence via a company website, they may not be taking full advantage of your company’s online potential in terms of lead generation. As social media begins to carry more weight with search engines like Google, you need a sales force capable of shifting gears or you run the risk of being left behind.
Partnering with a sales consulting firm may be the answer here. You can work with a team of experienced sales executives who can work with you on your sales strategy and technique. You can use such a team for special projects, like new product launches or territories, or you can kick off your entire sales effort with a sales consulting firm.
You’ll have access to professionals experienced in the world of social media, capable of implementing battle-tested strategies for lead generation, such as:
- Blogging – A well-promoted blog, whether branded or non-branded, affords you the opportunity to initiate and join industry-relevant conversation and point potential leads back to your company.
- Social networking sites – Engage your audience with sites like Facebook and LinkedIn, generate industry-related discussions, and create opportunities for lead generation.
- YouTube – Share video content and improve search engine rankings.
- Twitter – With Twitter, your company can maintain a level of daily visibility with potential customers that just wasn’t possible in days past, while promoting blogs or other company-related social media.
- Mobile access – A huge portion of today’s audience is wired in via their mobile devices. Optimizing your web presence for these mobile users can provide a huge advantage over your competitors.
In a world increasingly driven by social media, it just doesn’t make sense to ignore such a wealth of untapped potential. By working with a sales advisory firm, you create an opportunity for social media-driven lead generation and pipeline activity that just isn’t possible with an outdated sales strategy.
Contact us and we will help you get started with lead generating activity.
Editor's Note: This post was originally published in June 2011 and has been updated for accuracy and relevancy.